Happiness

The title of this blog came from the musical You're a Good Man Charlie Brown. In our world, there exists so many different interpretations of what happiness truly is. It appears that some feel that happiness comes from economic prosperity or doing what feels good. Or for all of you Wicked fans out there, "Happy is what happens when all your dreams come true." My personal opinion is that happiness comes by living right and clean lives.

Looking through Windows

Sunday, September 6, 2009

BYU and Vacation

First of all, GO COUGARS!!!! That is awesome that we won our first game against Oklahoma State University yesterday! I'm pretty excited about that. The cheering and honking in Provo lasted at least an hour and a half. So that was pretty fun.

As you might have guessed the BYU school year has just begun and the first week of classes are completed. It's been a good experience so far and I think that I will be able to handle this semester with all of the many things that I have going on, like my trip to Washington, D.C. in November. The most exciting thing that has happened so far is that I made Concert Choir!!!!! I am so excited because we are singing with the King Singers and the BYU philharmonic
orchestra in October. How awesome is that? I haven't been able to sing in a mixed choir since I sang in Bonnevaires five years ago. Our first rehearsal was so refreshing because of the refined sound. Have I said I love to sing in the choirs at BYU? I found out Friday morning and I'm still pumped! I must admit that happiness sometimes is having your dreams come true.

Also yesterday, I went down to Capitol Reef with my family for a mini vacation. It was so much fun! We hiked around caves and took lots of pictures.

Zach, my nephew, is definitely photogenic and he knows it. There is hardly a picture taken without him finding the perfect pose. I've posted a picture as an example. So it's been a very fun weekend.




1 comment:

  1. Congrats on making it into Concert Choir! I'm super excited for your adventures. Man, even in high school, when I went to concert choir, it was heavenly when we sang our polished, well-practiced music. Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete