Happiness

The title of this blog came from the musical You're a Good Man Charlie Brown. In our world, there exists so many different interpretations of what happiness truly is. It appears that some feel that happiness comes from economic prosperity or doing what feels good. Or for all of you Wicked fans out there, "Happy is what happens when all your dreams come true." My personal opinion is that happiness comes by living right and clean lives.

Looking through Windows

Saturday, July 18, 2009

TUCSON!!!


So now that I have been informed that somebody is actually looking at this site, I have decided to update it. I am having an awesome time up here in Idaho working at the Idaho National Laboratory. I have seen spent nuclear fuel rods glowing blue under water and lots of other cool things. I just got back from a national conference down in Tucson, Arizona. It was the annual conference of the Institute of Nuclear Material Management and I learned all about how we are trying to keep track of nuclear material world wide. It was really an incredible experience. I have never been to a professional conference before and so it was definitely all new. I was surrounded by nearly one thousand people, all experts in their respective fields. A lot of them were Russian, so I can't complain in the least.
Since this was a business trip, I got a whole hotel room to myself. I've posted some pictures just for fun. I also got to drive a Mitsubishi Eclipse all week with air conditioning. I was so excited. As one person put it on the trip however, I just don't deserve a car like that. It's true. I don't know what to do with a sports car. :-)
The best part was trying to find places to eat in Tucson. On one night, we all tried to eat at a Mediterranean restaurant, only to find out that it doesn't exist anymore. Then we tried to meet at Sam's Club to regroup, couldn't find that either. Then we tried to go to a Cafe. Couldn't find that, so my car eventually ended up going to a Outback Steakhouse and the other two cars went elsewhere. It was hilarious at the time. Especially considering that we all had GPS's in each car. Apparently those machines are only so helpful.
Well, I would love to hear of any comments from any of you out there in Cyberspace.
Hope you enjoy the pictures. I know, that I definitely miss that hotel mattress. ;-)

5 comments:

  1. I have to confess, I have so much jealousy. They never send ME to conferences or give me big fancy hotel rooms...Lucky super-geniuses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like quite the internship. You are in heaven right now, it sounds like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your hotel room was bigger then our first appartment! glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe we should just live in a Marriott hotel next year :) Those pictures look great!

    ReplyDelete