Happiness

The title of this blog came from the musical You're a Good Man Charlie Brown. In our world, there exists so many different interpretations of what happiness truly is. It appears that some feel that happiness comes from economic prosperity or doing what feels good. Or for all of you Wicked fans out there, "Happy is what happens when all your dreams come true." My personal opinion is that happiness comes by living right and clean lives.

Looking through Windows

Sunday, August 8, 2010

News update

Well, I just wanted to inform everybody that I ran a half-marathon and loved it! There's just something energizing about running with 1200 other people for 13 miles. By the way, I did finish it in 1 hour and 46 minutes and finished 198. Which is impressive, if I do say so myself. Although, it did take me about a week for my feet to recover, but I'm up and running again. Believe it or not, I think that I have been converted to running. Hmmm.... strange, I didn't think that would ever happen.

Second bit of exciting news, I am going to see 2 musicals in 2 weeks. The Lion King on Friday and then Wicked the next week
. I'm EXCSTATICALLY, MOST ENERGETICALLY, SIMPLY SHAMELESSLY EXCITED about both. But I don't like to show it.

Finally, I got to spend Friday with my favorite nephews at the Treehouse museum in Ogden. I watched Zach "bicker, bicker, bicker" on stage, and Sam as he tried to use scissors to make a crown. I'll admit, I'm glad that I have a few more years before I'll be a parent. Sam kind of scared me while he was using the scissors. But his mom was totally ok. I guess uncles just don't have the same gusto as moms. Big surprise. =-)

1 comment:

  1. so completely, absolutely, and totally jealous of you for getting to watch both musicals! I've been to see wicked once, but would LOVE to go again, and actually Lion King is the next musical on my list!!! Sounds like so much fun!!! And that is awesome that you did a half marathon. I did a 5K and thought I was going to die, and that was only 3 miles... but I agree with you, running is so invigorating! I do love it!!! HOpe all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete