Happiness

The title of this blog came from the musical You're a Good Man Charlie Brown. In our world, there exists so many different interpretations of what happiness truly is. It appears that some feel that happiness comes from economic prosperity or doing what feels good. Or for all of you Wicked fans out there, "Happy is what happens when all your dreams come true." My personal opinion is that happiness comes by living right and clean lives.

Looking through Windows

Sunday, May 15, 2011

One Eventful School Year

You know, I noticed an interesting phenomenon while reading Harry Potter last week. Every school year of Harry's ended in some type of catastrophe where he narrowly escapes with his life, then each school year starts off peacefully until the next climax a year later. You would think, at least any normal person would, that he would recognize a pattern....and then promptly move to Australia for the witness protection program.

Well, we can't all suffer from life-threatening catastrophes at the end of every school year, so I'll just give an update on my humdrum life. As a Senior at BYU I did what most people do: I graduated. The end.

Okay maybe not quite the end. I'm so excited to be finished. I'm actually surprised that I made it through all of my Chemical Engineering classes alive. I even managed a music minor on top of it all. Additionally, I got accepted to five different graduate schools and I just got back from a two week humanitarian trip in Peru. Now how cool is that?

The trip was a graduation present to myself. I'm so happy!

2 comments:

  1. Are you trying to tell me that finals week is NOT a catastrophe where we narrowly escape with our lives?

    Sounds like you've been up to amazing stuff, as usual. I had no idea about Peru! Strangely enough...I'm coming back to Utah for the summer. Maybe I'll run into you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Aaron, my life is boring. Except for where I go to Peru, and I graduate college, and I'm awesome.

    You're amazing! Keep writing on this thing. It may be the only way I hear about what you're up to for a while.

    ReplyDelete